Dec 13, 2011

Destiny is 5 now!

Princess Rapunzel aka Tangled, dressed up in a cake skirt for Destiny's party.  Pink hair tootsie didn't... so she didn't get to go to the party.  This is the cake I made for Destiny for her 5th birthday.  My grandmother made me one when I was a little girl.  Need to find that photo.
 My Princess outfit I worked on for 3 days.  I got the skirt, puffy wedding slip and shirt at the thrift store for $20.  I decorated it with gold ribbon, mesh and glitter bows from the dollar store Christmas isle.  I made the crown out of a hair band, wrapped it in gold ribbon and pinned it to my head with pearl bun pins.  I think I'm pretty darn beautiful.
 OK, so this photo is especially for my Mom... she has a thing about picking your nose.  I thought it appropriate for her little princess to pick her nose for her.  Like it Mom?
 I was the only adult who dressed up.  Embarrassed you ask... NO WAY... Destiny loved her Gramma dressing up.
 Destiny LOVING her cake.  I wish I got a photo of her seeing it come through the door... that face.  I didn't know if she liked it, for what seemed like forever... then the girl squeal and I knew everything was ok.
 This is Princess Alyson... cousin of Princess Destiny.
 The famous Gramma kiss... Destiny actually loves this tradition and I will collect these photos for as long as she will let me.
 So there was a little fighting over the new toys.  After I took this picture, I showed the girls what they look like fighting, they DID NOT like it at all.  They decided they would never fight again.  Hmm, that lasted a couple minutes anyways, LOL.
 Silliness abounds
From everyone... at least with Grandpa Greg
Brother Prince Kaleb.  
The 3 Princess's
 Destiny opening her present from Uncle Dane.  He bought her the most beautiful heart shape earrings with pink stones. She loved them.  I had a bracelet my Uncle Geeg gave me when I was little... all the way into my 30's.  It was a treasure.  I lost it at the mall one day and broke my heart.  The clasp broke and it's gone forever.  I miss my bracelet.
 Destiny opening her baby doll from Gramma and Grandpa.  She was happy with it.  All the dolls have long hair... plenty to practice her hair cutting I think, LOL.  Notice Destiny's bangs... yep, blamed her brother of course.  Otherwise, her hair is getting really long finally and wavy.
 Opening Mom and Dad's gift.  Big play/learning center.  Yes, very happy and cried because they wouldn't put it together until after everyone left.  Princess had a tantrum.
 This is how she looked at her cake.  I worried she wouldn't let them cut it... no problem... CAKE!  We are eating that thing!!!  I wrapped the doll in plastic wrap so she wouldn't come out naked or ruin the pretty dress.
 Yes... of course I had a piece.  NO calories in a Princess cake, eaten by a Princess!!!  Besides, I've lost 35 lbs this year... I was going to eat CAKE!  Now to loose the last 20 lbs... YES I WILL!
End of the evening and dolls all around.  I think she had a wonderful time being a Princess.  Yes, she will always be my Princess Destiny, my doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment